I’m going to be pretty disappointed in this fandom if there is.
Sleepy Hollow is pretty much, in my humblest of opinions, one of the best shows on recent television.
- If you’re tired of just seeing exclusively white characters in a show—well are you in luck! It’s probably a show that has one of the biggest POC casts, especially for being in the supernatural realm of TV—Abbie Mills, Jenny Mills, Capt. Irving and his family, Andy (played by John Cho), and more—all POC!
- Relationships. Especially between Abbie and Ichabod. (Or, even Abbie and her sister Jenny). There’s just a really good dynamic between the two of them that I won’t tell you to interpret a certain way but tbh, you kinda have to try to not interpret it a “certain” way. But again, to each his own I suppose. Just know this, GREAT RELATIONSHIPS EXIST AND IT’S GREAT.
- The actual plot is pretty good so far, I hope it doesn’t take a turn for some fuckery, but again it’s only been a season (SEASON 2 COMES OUT SEPT. 22!!!!). It’s
- If you’re into horror and historical references, you’ll love it. It’s not as sickening as Hannibal, but SH has it’s moments of being spooky let’s say. Also, zombie George Washington? Headless horsemen and witches?
- Ichabod getting used to the 21st century. He rants. He raves. Comic relief before the ensuing terror begins.
- They sometimes call out the bullshit of the past in episodes. It’s satisfying to say the least.
- A BLACK GIRL AS A LEAD IN A SUPERNATURAL CRIME SHOW? YOOOOOO
- It’s only on once a week on Mondays. That said, it does make Mondays more bearable.
- Some relationships…are…huh. You’ll understand once you watch.
- The finale will make you mad because you have to wait like 2 more months to know what happens.
- (There are like 2 more cons in my opinion but nothing that would stint your enjoyment of the show, and I don’t want to say them because they’re spoilery, so just trust me on this.)
Feel free to add anything guys!